Regular Board Meeting Update for September 12, 2016 Sherri Rollins elected Chair and Chris Broughton as Vice-Chair of the Board.
Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020
Welcome back Staff and Students!
– Take care when driving as the school year starts tomorrow. #WinipegSD
Construction has begun on the Harrow Co-operative Children’s Centre, a new childcare facility being built on the grounds of the Winnipeg School Division’s Harrow School. This new facility will add quality childcare space and expand the early childhood education...
Construction has started on a gymnasium addition and renovation project at École Laura Secord School on Wolseley Avenue. The project includes an addition built to the south of the existing school which will be connected by an overhead link from the second floor. “This...
Chris Broughton is…
- A School Trustee elected to the WSD Board in 2014, he currently serves the board as Vice Chair and the Chair of the Finance & Personnel Committee.
- A member on numerous WSD committees including Policy & Program, Building & Transportation, Public Relations & Communications, Governance, The Children’s Heritage Fund, and various community-based committees
- A Paramedic with over 15 years of emergency care, community and safety advocacy
- Former President of Paramedics of Winnipeg – having advocated for better, more efficient health services
- Resident of Ward 2 for 15 years
- Experienced in public policy in health and injury prevention with work on government boards and advisory councils
- Devoted to a student’s physical and mental well-being to enhance learning
- Community activist and volunteer – Has worked extensively with the Heart and Stroke Foundation, inner city schools, and as a Board Member and volunteer for the Fort Garry North Hockey Association
- Father of 2 and active in his children’s school community