With students back to school next week, it means it’s time for motorists to slow down to 30 km/h near schools across the city — or risk getting a speeding ticket.
Amalgamations have never “saved” money and there is no reason to believe that we have learned anything about efficiency from past amalgamations.
Election day is Wednesday, October 24, 2018
I’m excited to announce the official launch of my campaign for re-election to the office of School Trustee in Ward 2 of the Winnipeg School Division. It is an honour to have the support of the community and my family, as I campaign to represent the needs of our children, schools, and community.
École Sir William Osler held an official opening ceremony on Oct. 4 to mark a new era as a French Immersion milieu school. Last year, the school operated as an extension of École LaVérendrye. This expansion addresses a shortage of space in french immersion schools and...
The Winnipeg School Division, Board of Trustees, held a regular board meeting on the evening of October 3rd, 2016. Highlights of the board meeting can be found here. For official minutes of the meeting please visit winnipegsd.ca Check back for updates to this post,...
Lord Nelson School, celebrated the official opening of its new addition and gymnasium today. The construction is designed to have LEED Silver level green building certification as well as a Manitoba Hydro Power Smart designation.
Chris Broughton is…
- A School Trustee elected to the WSD Board in 2014, he currently serves the board as Vice Chair and the Chair of the Finance & Personnel Committee.
- A member on numerous WSD committees including Policy & Program, Building & Transportation, Public Relations & Communications, Governance, The Children’s Heritage Fund, and various community-based committees
- A Paramedic with over 15 years of emergency care, community and safety advocacy
- Former President of Paramedics of Winnipeg – having advocated for better, more efficient health services
- Resident of Ward 2 for 15 years
- Experienced in public policy in health and injury prevention with work on government boards and advisory councils
- Devoted to a student’s physical and mental well-being to enhance learning
- Community activist and volunteer – Has worked extensively with the Heart and Stroke Foundation, inner city schools, and as a Board Member and volunteer for the Fort Garry North Hockey Association
- Father of 2 and active in his children’s school community